Welsh Bowls Federation Vacancy
Potential Personal Development Opportunity
The Welsh Bowls Federation are looking for enthusiastic and committed people to sit as part of the Communications Group and help shape a Communications Plan for Welsh Bowls.
Do you have ideas on how to take bowls in Wales forward? Are you innovative? Are you able to enthuse others and plan effectively and efficiently with limited resources?
This is an opportunity to shape bowls in Wales, which is voluntary driven but has a real desire and passion to reach its Vision and mission of:
Vision: Bowls a lifetime sport for all
Mission: An inclusive sport that enables everyone to start, stay and succeed in Bowls.
The Welsh Bowls Federation is in the process of creating a Communications Panel that will promote and support of Bowls in Wales:
To raise the profile of Bowls in Wales in order to:
- Unite the sport through positive and professional two-way communication amongst the member associations and WBF
- Make audiences aware of the role of WBF and its activities
- Increase confidence in WBF among its members and stakeholders
- Communicate effectively encouraging dissemination of information using regular and appropriate methods
- Ensure committee members are well informed and able to be involved in the governance and management of the WBF
- Increase participation and develop more coaches, umpires and volunteers
- Implement a public and media relations programme to maximise opportunities to build the image of Bowls, increase visibility and attract sponsor interest
- Source future sponsorship
- Plan and deliver programmed promotional campaigns to raise awareness, increase the coach, umpire and volunteer base and maximise new member potential
- Keep the Bowls community up to date about activities, competitions and news, thus creating a desire to be more involved
- Advocacy to Sport Wales and other key stakeholders.
- To promote Equality in all of its procedures and at every level.
This is a voluntary role, and meetings are likely to take place during evenings and/or weekends.
If you are interested please send a short expression of interest detailing your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 11th January 2017