Commonwealth Games Team Leader
Wales is looking for a Commonwealth Games Team Leader. If you are interested please send your expression of interest to WWBA Hon Secretary Gill Hughes by 21st October
Commonwealth Games Wales - Sport Team Leader Job description
As Team Leader you will have responsibility for:
Leading, managing and representing your sport as the single point of contact with CGW
- Supporting and promoting CGW values and operating principles/policies.
- Supporting creation of the right performance environment from which athletes and staff can deliver personal best performance at the Commonwealth Games.
- Establishing robust and effective relationships with staff and Board of CGW.
- Establishing robust and effective relationships with key staff from and other NGBs that encourage information sharing, collaboration and development of a team environment.
- Making decisions on behalf of your sport.
- Ensuring effective communication of information and decisions within your sport.
- Attending all CGW Sports Forum and all Team Leader workshops and any other meetings on the programme (If there is a conflict for “performance” preparation
Pre-Games specific responsibilities:
- Lead and manage all Games related processes including:
- Qualification and Nomination
- Accreditation- data collection
- Sport entries
- Transport and logistics
- Media- working with your NGB Media lead and ATOM (CGW PR team)
- Medical – including anti-doping and TUE
- Child and Vulnerable Adult Policies
- Managing athlete attendance at any CGW events such as kit fitting days and the team day.
- Developing your sport specific preparation strategy
- Ensuring all athletes and staff travel arrangements are suitable and appropriate
- Ensure you, your staff and all athletes sign and abide by the Team Members agreement, codes of conduct and other CGW policies
- Ensure that effective crisis management plans and communication channels are established within your team
Games Time specific responsibilities:
- Lead your sport at the Games as part of Team Wales
- Act as the single point of contact for your sport
- Attend key meetings including Chef de Mission updates
- Management for the arrival and departure arrangements in conjunction with CGW
- Ensuring appropriate conduct of athletes and staff, and that behaviours and principles are adhered to throughout the Games period
Post Games specific responsibilities:
- Completion of post games evaluations, questionnaires and reports for CGW
- Contribute to post Games debrief sessions
- Manage attendance at any post Games functions
- Continue to be the single point of contact with CGW and to complete the ‘wrap up’ process post Games